Alton Brown of Good Eats challenged people to share a photo of their refrigerator. Kind of an urban anthropology project, I suppose.
I just opened the door and shot:
Turns out it has some interesting things in it right now.
- In the door, see the squirt bottle? Good Eats homemade cocoa syrup! The Hershey's bottle two shelves down also has the Good Eats cocoa syrup in it.
- Unfortunately you can't see what's next to it -- a jar of Good Eats caramel sauce.
- Bottom of door -- the unlabeled beer bottles are my homebrew.
- Top shelf: The two tall jars have homemade plum jam.
- Next to the plum jam is some Good Eats cashew butter.
- Third shelf: Next to the milk is a cheesecake -- from New York! I was in New York and brought home a genuine New York cheesecake (as opposed to what people here on the West Coast call "New York cheescake" which is decidedly not the same.
- Next to the cheesecake is my Butter Butler. Laugh if you want. Turn the handle and it squeezes the butter through a slot at the end, forming a perfect ribbon which softens or melts quickly.
- Below the cheescake is a plain white package -- which contains a pastrami and corned beef sandwich from New York's Carnegie Deli which is THE best deli on planet Earth. Really. I had half the sandwich on the flight home.
- Three cartons of eggs? I bought a dozen, not knowing I had a dozen and a half at home.